Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Greystones

Options
  • 15-05-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi All, planning on doing Wicklow 200 cycle challange 13th June. Start and finish in Greystones. Planning on travelling Sat evening in camper with a few friends. Does anybody know a place (safe/quitish) in Greystones that I could park up? Also anybody else on this forum doing this event?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

The campers used to stay at the harbour opposite the Beach House pub. This is all being redeveloped at the moment and is a very unattractive building site.
    If you follow the one way system around the seafront, past the old La Touche hotel there are plenty of lay-by's opposite St. Davids school. There would be no problem parking here, it will be quiet in the evening but no more than 5 mins walk from shops, pubs, etc.
    Did the Wicklow 200 myself back in the eighties, I still suffer a knee problem from it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭vinniem

Thanks alot loobylou

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

You will find parking meters are in place all around greystones including opposite St Davids school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Pretty sure parking is free after 18.00 Sat until 09.00 Mon morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Why not park behind Lidl, that road is a dead end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 joncollier

You can park by the harbor for free no problem, I live near there the parking meters are further along.

Advertisement