Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB FARM HANDLER

Options
  • 15-05-2010 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

was on the lookout for a farm handler , i see a 1994 jcb 250 model for sale, needs tyres, think has 5m reach..
    are these a good machine and what should i check on them/watch out for?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

Hey kincaid, dont have any experience with the jcb 250 series so i dont know if this will be helpful or not:). The contractor i used work for back in the day had a jcb 526 which would be around 95-96 good machine the only problem was with the final drives on the axles. He used his loader for stacking bales which would involve alot of use of the brakes.The Brakes were in the final drives so when they would wear all the fillings and grit went straight into the drive bearings which caused them to wear and fairly expensive to fix. Prob wouldnt be an issue if the oil was kept changed;) but this doesnt always happen:o. There were also alot of small electrical issues not helped by all the wires being coloured yellow:(. Hopefully this will help as i believe most of the machines around this era has the brakes fitted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭nilhg

kincaid wrote: »
    was on the lookout for a farm handler , i see a 1994 jcb 250 model for sale, needs tyres, think has 5m reach..
    are these a good machine and what should i check on them/watch out for?

thanks

We have a 520-55 JCB, great little machine, I don't think there is anything special to look out for except the usual stuff, bushings, bearings and seals.

PM me if you want to ring me for some more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭kincaid

guy wants 4500stg for this one, thats about €5400

Advertisement