Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Online going live 9th June

Options
  • 15-05-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭

Well, it's been a long road, but looks like it'll finally be released. Haven't logged in since last November so I'll be interested to see what it's like now. The only thing is I'm DL'ing AoC at the mo...

Definitely the last time I'll preorder a MMORPG.

Official announcement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

I haven't played it in about 6-8 weeks. I'll have to log in and see how the game is doing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

didn't like it when i tried it a few months back, any idea if there's been many changes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

pretty sure they mean packets not packages

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

such fail can't believe i pre-ordered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

neilk32 wrote: »
    such fail can't believe i pre-ordered :(

Lol yeah, the video and presentation got me too. 70 euro down the tubes for a metal case with a useless cd in it.

• Advertisement

Make sure your unsubscribe again once this launches(if you don't want a sub). I had set my account not to renew the sub and SV changed it to auto renewal recently.

http://www.mortalonline.com/TOS

Quote: 1) Free Month and automatic subscription
    Once you purchase the game and establish an account, you will be entitled to play Mortal Online for thirty (30) days without any subscription fee. If your account is not terminated or manually set to “do not renew subscription” within this period of thirty (30) days, you will be charged the subscription fee for the following month or by your choice of method and interval. You may change this at any time by logging onto the "account management" site on www.mortalonline.com. Your account will stay open until the end of the current billing cycle and you will subsequently be automatically charged unless you manually cancel your subscription. When you establish your account, you authorize Star Vault AB to automatically charge you the subscription fee in accordance with the payment terms, as may be amended by Star Vault AB from time to time, plus any applicable taxes that Star Vault AB is required to collect.

I'm currently writing a review of this game for my site. It should be up sometime today/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm currently waiting for the 25mb patch file to download. It's been 3 hours and is at 3mb. They erally should have figured out a way to have the files available that isn't by torrent or a server with feck all bandwith.

humanji wrote: »
    I'm currently waiting for the 25mb patch file to download. It's been 3 hours and is at 3mb. They erally should have figured out a way to have the files available that isn't by torrent or a server with feck all bandwith.

That's not the last of your worries. Expect a 'game version corrupt, please reinstall the game client' message when you've got that downloaded. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

They have some cheek starting my free monthly period at their whim and then telling me that I have been subscribed for another month automatically.

I actually think I want a refund now. Their BS was beyond belief up to this point, but that is really just taking the piss now.

• Advertisement

Ivan wrote: »
    They have some cheek starting my free monthly period at their whim and then telling me that I have been subscribed for another month automatically.

I actually think I want a refund now. Their BS was beyond belief up to this point, but that is really just taking the piss now.

Yeah, tell me about it. I have no intention of playing the game at the moment... maybe in a year or two. If I paid 70euro for a boxed copy then I should be able to start my free month when I feel like it. Basically people who bought boxed copies just bought digital copies and were sent a metal cd case with a coaster inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

humanji wrote: »
    Great review.

Thanks mate. It's been fairly controversial on the official forums and mmorpg. Got me loads of traffic to my site though, over 10,000 hits on the first night it was published. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

So...anyone subscribing?

Interesting enough but still needs a lot of polish. Too many bugs at the moment to justify paying a monthly fee. Maybe in a year or so it'll be more rounded, if it survives that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Damn Poles.

Advertisement