Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tablet

Options
  • 15-05-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

I suppose this is directed more towards Roman Catholics here.

Do any of you subscribe to The Tablet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

hinault wrote: »

wha? ( being a roman Christian I dont know whether your on about a paper or asprin )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Onesimus wrote: »
    wha? ( being a roman Christian I dont know whether your on about a paper or asprin )

As I said in my opening post, this thread would only be of interest to Roman Catholics.

The Tablet is a newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

As I said in my opening post, this thread would only be of interest to Roman Catholics.

The Tablet is a newspaper.

I am a Roman Catholic and I have never heard of the Tablet. forgive my ignorance Hinault.

Please help me out here, where can I find this Paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

Don't subscribe yet but do pick it up from time to time.

Hope there's no exam as I haven't read the latest one yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

Onesimus wrote: »
    I am a Roman Catholic and I have never heard of the Tablet. forgive my ignorance Hinault.

Please help me out here, where can I find this Paper?

I've seen it in Easons and Tescos in Dublin. In London try WHSmith or Borders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭smurfhousing

The Tablet is a London-based journal. It is not faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. Whilst from time to time there are one or two decent articles, it is one best avoided.

The Dublin-published Position Papers is good Catholic reading - you can get it in some churches, bookshops, or by subscription. I don't think they have a website though...

I subscribe to Catholic Voice newspaper. Again it is faithful, whereas The Irish Catholic is an open platform for faithfulness and dissent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

is this anything to do with headshops?

only kiddin....no i dont subscribe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭smurfhousing

is this anything to do with headshops?

only kiddin....no i dont subscribe?

Some trivia: The Tablet earned the name of The Bitter Pill after they decided to reject, in thie magazine, the Church teaching on contraception, reaffirmed in Pope Paul VI's Humanae vitae.

Advertisement