Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very pale foundation

Options
  • 14-05-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have really pale skin and really like that vintage porcelain look. However the lightest shades of foundation available in Boots, Debenhams, Brown Thomas, etc still leave an orange tinge. What would Dita Von Teese do??? I'm open to the idea of gothic make-up, even if just to mix it with my own foundation to lighten it. Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

rimmel do very pale shades- one of them is even called porcelain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Do you use a foundation brush? I started using one last week and my make up looks (and feels) lighter than before when I used sponges/my hands.

Also, what type of skin do you have> Dry/sensitive/combination/normal etc?

I have heard different people say you can mix your foundation with your daily moisturizer to make the foundation lighter. I have never tried this myself, but it's something I would try if I felt I needed too.

Also, have you ever tried a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation? Today I wore a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation and there isn't much difference. Just that the tinted moisturizer doesn't give as much coverage as foundation. I put some light bronzer (a really pale one) over the foundation to take away the shininess.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Illamasqua does very pale shades.

Have a look here for the shades. They do different types of foundation and can be bought in BT2 as well as online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'm a deathly white. The lightest shades of foundation I have ever found are Revlon's Colourstay foundation in 110 Ivory and GOSH X-ceptional Wear Foundation in 11 Porcelain. Both are basically the same shade, the GOSH one just being a lighter coverage. Neither are light enough for me but usable.
    I just bought MAC Face and Body Foundation in White and it's the best. I mixed it with my Revlon Colourstay Foundation and made the perfect shade. The MAC foundation is also a thin consistency so it took the 'heavy' feeling out of the Colourstay. I'm now wearing the right colour foundation for my skin. :) You can't buy this foundation anywhere here, it's a Pro product but you can order it from the Pro website, or pick it up in the Pro store in London if you're ever visiting. Well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭earcandi

I have really pale skin, red hair and freckles. The foundation I find to be the best is MAC NC15. It gives really light but buildable coverage, I can let my freckles show or I can build it up, depends on my mood!

Also there's a GOSH one x-ceptional wear I think, that LivingDeadGirl mentioned up there. Not sure if it's the same one but the lightest one they have is too light even for me - just end up looking like I've seen a ghost! But that might be suitable if you want something really pale. Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭earcandi

^^^ Forgot to say it's Studio Sculpt with SPF 15 by MAC! Sorry! :) ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm really pale. I found mac NC15 too orange. I now use Bobbi Brown Skin in Albaster. Its light enough coverage, expensive at €37 (I think?) But I've had my current bottle for two months now, its only half gone and I use it every day. Much better to invest in a good foundation than the high street stuff thats just ok and goes within a month.

I use a Ruby & Millie foundation brush, cost me €16 and I've had it two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

A friend of mine uses a Japanese brand, I can't remember the name, but it's very pale. Paler than me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

<snip> I use a Ruby & Millie foundation brush, cost me €16 and I've had it two years now.
    I use the Ruby & Millie foundation brush too, it's fab!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ni.Chofaigh

im very pale and use loreal true match in the lightest shade, its not available everywhere but bigger boots have it. i used to use mac face and body which is amazing! its got a very light texture and is easy to use. my sisters a make up artist so she advised me on the ones to get, but the girls in there are mostly great. i did have to get two bottles to mix so it was pricey (cant afford it at the mo!) but they lasted ages and ages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

im very pale and use loreal true match in the lightest shade, its not available everywhere but bigger boots have it. i used to use mac face and body which is amazing! its got a very light texture and is easy to use. my sisters a make up artist so she advised me on the ones to get, but the girls in there are mostly great. i did have to get two bottles to mix so it was pricey (cant afford it at the mo!) but they lasted ages and ages!

+1 for loreal! The only foundation i find suitable for my skin tone is Loreal Infallible in Porceline. Ive tried pretty much every other make of foundation available, from Mac to Rimmel, but always end up going back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I never found a high street brand that was pale enough, tbh. Everything had that orange tinge! I'd given up on foundation entirely till I tried an Estee Lauder one recommended to me by the girl at the counter. It looked a little darker than I thought I needed but it's invisible on. She told me that its unusual to get a "cool" toned foundation in a high street brand as most of them are yellow based (warm) as opposed to pink, which is why they would always look orange on me no matter how pale they semed in the tube. Let me check what shade it is...

It's "Shell" apparently! A bit pricey but the bottle lasts me forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 desper8hsewife

elizabeth arden porcelian beige?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What is your skin tone? If you look orange with most foundations you are probably pink-toned so will need a foundation with a pink tone so it matches your own skin.

There is a make up department in Arnotts which I had never heard of until last week, just called The Make Up Store. I got a sample of their "cream" matt foundation. It's very very pale, it's that pinky porcelain you speak of, and it seems to be a really nice foundation - think it's €25. It's not their palest either.

http://www.makeupstore.se/gten/products/base/matt_foundation/cream

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hapenny

try la roche posay foundation not sure of the shade but they do very pale with good coverage

Advertisement