Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend wine for a wedding

Options
  • 14-05-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I've got my wedding coming up soon and I can't decide on what wine to get.

I'm probably going to get sauvingon blanc and maybe a pinot noir. We'll be having beef and some white fish for mains and I just want something easy to drink.

I plan to go up North to Tesco so any links would be welcome.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Pinot Noir would be a good shout as it should complement the beef but won't overpower white fish like a lot of reds would.

Sauvignon is a good choice too but I'd stay away from any New World Sauvingons as they tend to be quite pungent and could overpower the fish slightly. A decent French Sauvignon, even a Sancerre would go nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 colinsourke

Its tricky to get good pinot noir at cheap prices though, particularly if you're going for French. Cono Sur do a pretty decent one at about the 10 euro mark (Its Chilean).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Go for a Beaujolais if you want a nice light perfumed red that will complement both beef and fish. I sampled a Georges Duboeuf Beajolais (widely available for €11.99) a while back and it was beautiful, strawberry character and plenty zippiness to it.

For white, best sticking to a soft cover all option like Chardonnay, McGuigan Black Label will do the job (€8.99)

Advertisement