Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Stameen/Colpe area

Options
  • 14-05-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone in this area suffer from woefully slow broadband speeds over DSL?

My parents have 3Mb DSL from TalkTalk but they're getting <1Mb download about 190kbps upload - even in the early hours of the morning, so it can't be blamed on contention.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue with their DSL as i've heard a rumour a lot of phone lines in this area are aluminium rather than copper.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm in Grange Rath and have 3mb Eircom with no issues, in fact i'm getting the 3 meg at any time of the day. From what I understand I'm on a new small exchange which is just across from South Gate, yet there are people in the estate and surrounding area that are connected to the exchange in Drogheda hence anybody on the old lines are getting bad speeds.

Advertisement