Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 - How to remove an ad hoc network?

Options
  • 14-05-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was setting up ad hoc networks to get my iphone online while I unlocked it. I set up two ad hocs without a security key because they iphone didn't seem able to connect to them when they had a security key.

The first ad hoc network I set up, I could remove afterwards by going in to Manage Wireless Networks. But the second one I set up I can't see it in Manage Wireless Networks, so I've no idea how to remove it now. And since it's without a security key I don't want to just leave it :eek:

Any tips?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

i think there is an option to create a temp ad-hoc connection
    did ya tick the box to save this connection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell, I must have just set them up as temp connections because I can't see either of them anymore, and my iphone can't see the last one I created.

So, all is fine I think!

Advertisement