Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping near Lismore

Options
  • 14-05-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi everyone, Could I have a reccomendation on a campsite within 10 mile radius of Lismore please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

denmar wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Could I have a reccomendation on a campsite within 10 mile radius of Lismore please ?
    lismore is beautiful, you could look at dungarvan another beautiful place, i have been there a few times, i am shure there would be a place there, it is 10 or less minuits from lismore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Casey's in Clonea strand near Dungarvan is popular

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Thanks everyone. We stayed in Parson's Green in Clogheen and it was really nice. We tried to park in Clonea to take a walk on the beach but there doesn't seem to be anywhere atall to park up whilst going for a stroll. There is a public car park but it had a barrier. Did I miss some place there I wonder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Parson's Green is great -stayed there few times. Kids really enjoy the farm animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

denmar wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. We stayed in Parson's Green in Clogheen and it was really nice. We tried to park in Clonea to take a walk on the beach but there doesn't seem to be anywhere atall to park up whilst going for a stroll. There is a public car park but it had a barrier. Did I miss some place there I wonder ?

You seem to have missed the caravan park:D

• Advertisement

No, I saw Casey's caravan park alright, but I just wanted to park for an hour and go for a walk.
    Do you mean that you can use actually use Casey's for short term parking so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

there is a car park in front of the Clonea Strand Hotel and at the Gold Coast Hotel.

Ok Didn't see the car park in front of the Clonea Strand atall. Thast's good to know for future visits. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hi Denmar, there is actually a small parking area on the opposite side of the beach too, don't think there are any barriers there at all, but I wouldn't chance it in season or sunny week-ends as it's small enough. You just don't take the first turn for Goldcoast, you continue on the road to Waterford/Stradbally, it is a small turn about a mile later (not even that) and it's signed for the beach.
    Parson's green and Dungarvan are probably the closest campsites, but you know there are lots of wildcamping spots around Mount Melleray/The Vee (very close to Lismore, Cappoquin side) and it's a beautiful area. You probably knew this anyway if you crossed over from Parson's Green :o.

Yes we were at The Vee eary on Sunday morning to see a forestry rally . It's a lovely area . We found a similar small nonbarrier beach near Ardmore and stayed there for a few hours on Sunday. There were about 8 campers there!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement