Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levelling a paladin as prot

Options
  • 14-05-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Currently have a paladin at 67, in some lovely crafted gear with some heirlooms.

I'm doing some random dungeons with him and enjoying the tanking aspect, however my full intention is to play him Holy at end game.

I'm kinda stuck as to how I will go about levelling. I'll want to do a daily dungeon once a day, maybe more, but will mostly quest.

Is levelling as prot viable? ( went and got the crafted set for tanks)

Would I be better as ret?

Just looking for thoughts cause i just havnt had this before on other characters.

I'm not going pure holy because dungeon levelling isnt that fast, questing is stil lfaster imo, so uqesting as holy sounds absolutely disgraceful.

Thoughts and opinions a welcome ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Worked for me; did it in 12 game days. Extra fun to run into quest-fights that have a Group (3) warning on them and doing it solo.

After rolling the rogue it was nice not to feel ganked by 3 murlocs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cheers guys I'll try to read up on it tonight when I get home, keep putting the paladin off, but hes my new pet project outside of gearing my mage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Considering how much faster tanks get groups over the other roles, it's worth it even just for the dungeon returns.

You won't get as much cash in dungeons, but you'll get enough to last you a while. You have alts though so that doesn't really matter, and with DEing items and cloth drops, you'll likely make up for it.

As Ropeh said, AOE prot will work well for you.

From levelling my mage I found that questing with an instance a day was faster then mass dungeons.

Wondering that maybe as a tank, it might be better packing in the instances with a bit of questing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah I wasnt even factoring in the wait times on dungeons but with regards to quests, they do very well with the high amount of defense/health/whatever and the AoE attacks. "Kill 10 of these" - just go ahead and pull them all, let consecration do the dirty work while you keep your shield up and use seal of light. Prot spec works reasonably well in the BGs too, with Avengers Shield being bread and butter for stopping runners and group-interrupts. Im sure theres a dozen other things I should know about them but don't.

• Advertisement

yup gpt my heirlooms, must find a guide or something and read up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

+1 for the instance instances.

when i go tank on my warr the waitime is maybe half a seocnd.

have a prot pala sitting t 28 that i havent touched in months. will get back to him eventually!!!

Advertisement