Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App testing volunteers and advice.

Options
  • 14-05-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, have an issue with the length of time the loading screen stays, could I ask a few people to have a look at it and two any advice or suggestions as to improving the time delay for downloading data.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Could you provide some more details? What's the device/platform for a start?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Hi deadbloke,
    It's an iPhone App, GreatOffer, we are using a shared linux server and mySQL database for the data. At present the data is taken about 10-12s and really we would need to aim at 3-4s. I'm concerned right now as well as when we start to launch this seriously and have 5 or 6 times the number of businesses on the system. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Can't help with device testing unfortunately, I only have access to Android and Symbian handsets at the mo. I've dabbled a bit with mobile to mySQL, so if i can be of any other assistance let me know.

Advertisement