Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Munster on TV in London

Options
  • 14-05-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Does anybody know of any pubs in London that will be showing this game? Its only on Setanta Ireland and S4C. So far I know that Waxy O'Connors in Soho will be showing it but if anybody knows of anywhere else I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Out of interest can pubs outside of Ireland show Setanta Ireland as surely it should only be available to subscribers in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Blythe Hill Tavern down in sunny Catford / Forest Hill, great pub, great pints, but out of the way.

Alex in Clapham has setanta Ireland for GAA so I'm sure it'd be on there upstairs on big screen.

The Porter house in covent garden have shown Setanta Ireland games before but you might want to give them a ring about Saturday night.

S4C Clic is generally an ok stream, but won't have English commentary unfortunately, so pub it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Out of interest can pubs outside of Ireland show Setanta Ireland as surely it should only be available to subscribers in Ireland?

Any pub can subscribe to it (and RTE etc.) via satellite resellers (like Setanta) worldwide. How setanta started business, wholesaling subscriptions.
    In Canada / America / Oz etc. its very popular with all the expats though you often end up getting charged big bucks ($20 and the rest) for games like all ireland / 6 nations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Any pub can subscribe to it (and RTE etc.) via satellite resellers (like Setanta) worldwide. How setanta started business, wholesaling subscriptions.
    In Canada / America / Oz etc. its very popular with all the expats though you often end up getting charged big bucks ($20 and the rest) for games like all ireland / 6 nations etc.

But is it legal to do so in Great Britain where you cannot officially subscribe to it? Setanta worldwide is a different matter altogether.

Advertisement