Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use of pot bellied stoves outdoor for camping/caravanning??

Options
  • 14-05-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Basically a safer, less messy method of having a campfire. If buring timber only then it should be environmentally ok and considerate to fellow campers. Wouldnt burn the ground, easy collected ash etc.

Anyone done this in an open air context?, I know one has used a cast iron pot bellied stove (see caravan size thread, this new thread is to give it more visibility) but I'm not yet clear if its fitted in the caravan or freestanding in the open air. My rig wouldnt accomdate it.

If anyone has used such an arrangement, is there a need for a flu pipe up a metre or 2, is it is basically the same as a campire, no need to worry re smoke?

I now recall seeing "backyard burners" for sale, but are there minature versions of pot bellied stoves you'd see in houses that are good for camping/caravanning and anyone seen them for sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 austint

Sorry missed your post here. Its heavy enough,couple of stone the hi tech way of stoage is..... wedge in between side of bed and awning. It is very clean and safe, no ash or burns on grass. I dunno where guy who gave it to us got it.

Advertisement