Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for power harrow advice

Options
  • 13-05-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Im lookin at power harrows at the moment and i was just lookin for abit of advice on them the ones iv looked at are a keverland and a Rabe MKE300. What are the best harrow on the market and what kind of ranking has rabe as a power harrow are they good or bad.
    There is one thing that is particularly bodering me and that is the slip-clutches in the harrows... what are the right one and how best would i identify them?

Thanks for taking the time to read this any advice greatful. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

kuhn are the best

ya id have a bit alright. ours is new though so wont be giving problems for awhile we hope. just make sure to grease them often. you will need at minimum 100hp to drive realistically. 130hp would be ideal. slip clutches are grand in them you dont want a slip clutch that will stop with every stone it meets either. you just have to watch that it doesnt collect a stone infront and be dragging it because a big mound of earth will gather infront and also it could make a line which the roller wont roll properly and you will have to go back and do it again. it runs on the 1000 pto

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

kuhn are the best

moast lads up this wy have khuns anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭goondakid

bk1991 wrote: »
    moast lads up this wy have khuns anyway .

Cheers lads hav any of e experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Pottinger Lion 301 is a very good machine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

goondakid wrote: »
    Cheers lads hav any of e experience with them?

yep. good machine.. dont rely on the slip clutch though. what tractor will you be using it on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭goondakid

Pottinger Lion 301 is a very good machine too.
    corkcomp wrote: »
    yep. good machine.. dont rely on the slip clutch though. what tractor will you be using it on ?

ya there isnt many of them pottingers for sale though rabe seem to be the most common harrow for sale out there the price for a good kuhn is nearly out of my range.....

il hav a jd6920 driving it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tomdeere

u won't go to far wrong with a rabe

Advertisement