Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 home premium on more than 1 pc?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

any tried using their win 7 key on more than 1 pc? or tried to use the phone trick to get it activated????

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Please read the charter especially the bit about we're here to discuss software you have a valid license for,

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

i have a valid licence. i am just looking for clarification. I know in past there has been no problems with activating one over the internet and one over the phone. and in the xp days u could install to 3 home pc's.

ur answer kind of answers the question for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you have ONE valid license this means it can only go on ONE machine.

if it's an OEM license (ie preinstalled) it can't be moved to any other motherboard EVER.

if you can't afford to buy more licenses then you have to make do with what you have or consider something other than windows http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_operating_systems (the ones in cyan are free)

I would suggest buying a second hand windows license, but few of them are legit.

Advertisement