Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stones for rockery

Options
  • 13-05-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me where i'd go to get some large boulders/stones for a rockery i'm going to build. I'd only need maybe 10-15 of them, but have no idea where to go.

Ideally looking for some rugged, natural looking sandstone or limestone or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

What sizes approx and where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

What sizes approx and where are you located?

Ideally about the size of a soccer ball, with a few maybe a touch smaller. I'm based on the north side of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Ideally about the size of a soccer ball, with a few maybe a touch smaller. I'm based on the north side of Dublin.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭lalorm

I bougth a load of stones from a quary near Johny Fox pub heading back towards Stepaside a few years back. cost about 25 euro and basically I could fill the boot. Can't remember the name of the place, but it was on the Ballyedmunduff Road just around the corner from the Burrow Rd. Check it out on google earth or google maps. They make granite fireplaces, worktops etc and have loads of left over stone. The stone looks like all the granite stones used for the walls around many places on the southside. Looks fab. Here is a pic of some of the stones I used...

4611426186_e8fae0896e_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Thanks Lalorm, they look excellent in your garden. I'd be looking for something a little smaller, but i might just give that place a try.

Sonnenblumen - thanks for the PM. I'll keep it in mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement