Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permission to put a beehive??

Options
  • 13-05-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey there,
    I am looking for a place to put a beehive in the Dublin area. I live in the city centre and have no garden so it is impossible for me to have it at home.

If anyone is interested in bees and their wonderful way to keep biodiversity by pollinating plants, trees and crops and has a small piece of land where the beehive can be put, please contact me.

If you have an orchard or any other plants that need the help of pollinators, the bees will definitely increase your crop.
    I would prefer somewhere easy to get by public transport or cycling from the Dublin city centre since I don't have a car.

I would need to do periodic visits every 7/14 days from April to August, and just a couple of visits at the beginning of the autumn and end of the winter.

Bees are not dangerous as some people may think (anyway I would get an insurance), they just do their work as long as they are not disturbed. And it is an endangered specie, there are no more wild bees in this country so it depends on us to save this wonderful animal.

Anyone interested??

Advertisement