Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video camera help

Options
  • 13-05-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I would like to make a few short films for the likes of kayaking, mountain biking and skiing, etc.. I am currently looking at cameras such as the canon hf200 and sony hdr sr10E. I have a budget of about €800 incl, tripod. Are these cameras good? Should i buy second hand or would this be a bad idea? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mkeano

you can get great cameras second hand, i bought a mint condition canon xm2 for 1,000. if you are buying second hand, ask to try it out first and make sure you have it has all of the relevant cables, software etc.
    if you are making a short, you could always just rent a camera from Filmbase or con cameras in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 aibhne

thanks mkeano, i am planning on using it for a type of blog on a two month so i think renting is out off the question due to the price for that time. If i was to buy 2nd hand is there anything i should look out for?(aploigies if this is a stupid question but i know noting about video cameras and dont want to be ripped off)
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Im a big fan of those canon series HD cams... have myself a hv30 and a hv20. Maybe look into the SLR's that do video. Canon 7d or the 550d (which you'd get in your price range). There's a 2nd hand hv20 on adverts also

Advertisement