Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratched bumper

Options
  • 13-05-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Accidentally scratched my back bumper when reversing :mad: Thank God, not much damage was done, thought I did major damage but realised the scratches were just from the paint off the wall I scratched against.

Does anyone have any idea has to how to remove the white paint that's pretty much 'glued' on! Tried soap and water but no removing that well..

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Soft cloth, white spirits and some elbow grease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

mailforkev wrote: »
    Soft cloth, white spirits and some elbow grease.

FFS!, white spirit will take the original paint off as well if its a body coloured bumper. If it is body coloured and you need to remove another
    layer of paint (the walls) rub gently with T CUT, available in any car store.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Andrew33 wrote: »
    FFS!, white spirit will take the original paint off as well if its a body coloured bumper. If it is body coloured and you need to remove another
    layer of paint (the walls) rub gently with T CUT, available in any car store.

Is T Cut the same as rubbing compound?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Has worked a treat for me before.

Once on my previous car when some twatbag decided to park arseways and leave half their paint on the corner of my front bumper, and on my sister's door when someone else decided to do similar. Also handy for removing bits of tar in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Is T Cut the same as rubbing compound?

Yes, it'll take paint off layer by layer as opposed to white spirit which will go straight tru multiple layers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Similar thing happened to me a while back when an automated gate closed as I was driving out of a car park. Got most of the paint off with ordinary Cif cream cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Accidentally scratched my back bumper when reversing :mad: Thank God, not much damage was done, thought I did major damage but realised the scratches were just from the paint off the wall I scratched against.

Does anyone have any idea has to how to remove the white paint that's pretty much 'glued' on! Tried soap and water but no removing that well..

:)

Rubbing Compound and then polish and wax the area

Advertisement