Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

friends

Options
  • 13-05-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,

Have been friends with a girl for about 10 years now, and I moved to a different part of the country about 3 years ago and she has come to visit and I have gone up to her as well. Now when she comes down she doesn't drive, so I go to another town to collect her from the train and always make sure I have nice stuff in my house for her, usually she'll come down for two nights so I always make dinner the first night have drinks in and we chat about the usual stuff boys life etc. I always bring her out for the day to somewhere nice, we have gone to Galway shopping, Ashford Castle, Kylemore Abbey.

She was down a few weeks ago and brought a friend of her's (she had asked me if she could come down) which I didn't mind have met the girl before. collected them from the train, made dinner thought we had a good evening, the next day went off for the day and went out for dinner that night and out with some friends of mine, now the town was quiet that night but she has been here before so knows that it can be fun. We went home early as she wanted to leave the late bar we were in, I told her I had to go find another friend just to tell her we were leaving so she would know that I had gone , manners I thought. Anyway we went home.

Next day I didn't get up to early but I am not an early riser on a Sunday when i don't have to get up and she knows where everything is in my house, TV, kettle, magazines and i have told her all the time to help herself to anything, now she is not a shy person. We went out for some food then and I brought them back to the train and another friend of mine came with us for food and for the spin to the train station. She was all hugs and kisses and thanks for the lovely weekend.

then I heard nothing from her, now she is usually in touch every few days on facebook and she has been on fb the same time as me lots of time. So I e-mailed her to see how she was and she wouldn't reply and then I asked her had I done something and still no reply. So on Monday I decided to give it one last go and she replied that yes I had done something she said I was snappy with her when she was down and I made her feel like I didn't want her there. Which I know I didn't do, I asked another friend of mine and she said that she didn't think I acted like that at all. She said I was laughing at a story she told us, which in fairness I did but so did the other girl and I did apologise a few times afterwards and it was a story that anyone would have giggled at. I just ended the message to her saying if that was how she felt then best of luck.

I just feel that at her age she should have told me if I upset her when she was down not for to have to ask her and also was she just going to let our friendship go - I feel like deleting her as a mate on facebook because obviously she feels I treat her badly when I know in my heart I don't that I go out of my way to do stuff as she doesn't drive.

Sorry for the long rant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ktk

I know we all have our bad days but everytime she comes to visit there is some drama or another either while she is down or when she goes back. At one time last year when she was down, I had just started dating a guy and we were all out and she kept saying to me that I would marry him and then when we were going home we stopped off at the chipper and I was chatting to a friend across the road so they went in without me so didn't get me any chips (:() which I didn't really wany anyway but when we were on the walk home I took a chip of hers and she went crazy on me saying if you wanted chips you should have asked us to get them, hello it was a chip my boyfriend said not to worry I could have his :).

I think for my own sanity I have to cut ties with her - and have contemplated deleting her as a friend on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ktk

sorry to harp on - but just got an e-mail from her saying - would hate if we fell out forever - ah hello you can't keep treating me like crap and expect me to take it!!

Advertisement