Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results and Reviews

Options
  • 13-05-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey all i'm wondering if any one on here knows when the exam results are posted up?

Are they posted up on notice boards before they are available online?

Also does anyone know how the reviewing of exams works as a process, and how to actually do it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me

And this is for LIT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bee32

If you go to www.lit.ie, go to eLIT, exam results section and in the middle is the Pass List Publication dates link. The Passlists are posted online in the same area of the website. In addition you should have recieved a link from Helpdesk (via the K number email) which will be activated after 2 pm on the relevant date and that is how you get your individual breakdown of results, results are not posted up on the noticeboard or given out over the phone or at the Exams Office. Reviews can be applied for up to 5 working days from date of publication of the results and those forms are in the exams section online (on the right hand side). Hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Cheers Bee32

Just another quick question, the results that are available online are they the total results for each subject including CA or just summer results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

They are your final marks for each module and you will be shown your weighted mark for the year. Your lecturers will be able to provide you with your CA results if you email them.

The exams are corrected ASAP and the external examiners come in at the start of June. Week 36 (from June 7th) sees the Academic Boards sitting followed by a sitting of the Academic Council, then Exam Reviews, and finally a Governing Body Meeting on the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

concussion wrote: »
    The exams are corrected ASAP and the external examiners come in at the start of June. Week 36 (from June 7th) sees the Academic Boards sitting followed by a sitting of the Academic Council, then Exam Reviews, and finally a Governing Body Meeting on the 17th.

Sorry I just have to say that I find this very funny, that the exams are corrected asap, I finished my exams the last week in Feb, and we dont get our results till June, it's such a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

They can't release your results until they've been checked by external examiners and reviewed by exam board. This doesn't happen until the summer so for summer exams, yes, they are corrected ASAP. Usually on the day as the lecturers could have hundreds of scripts to go through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement