Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel Bearing Problem

Options
  • 13-05-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Alright Folks,

I replaced a wheel bearing in my Octavia last night. Got the hub out and brought it to a press to take out the old and put in the new bearing. All going fine so far. Tested the play on the hub before we left the garage (no press at home) at everything was spot on. Got home and refitted the hub again and the play is back again. I spoke to a mechanic this morning and he reckons that the nut onto the shaft needs to be tightned to the last and then the play should go. I tightened it as much as I could last night and it was still there. Is this correct or could the hub be damaged?
    I havent had a chance to have another look at it since as when I got home it was late and I got pissed off with it.

Advertisement