Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tried to end it all last night

Options
  • 13-05-2010 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Regular poster so going unreg for this.

Basically last night I tried to end it all....I took a packet of panadol and drank fourteen or fifteen cans of beer and a shoulder of vodka. I ended up throwing everything up and am still here today.

The funny thing is that I don't even know why....I've suffered from bouts of depression on and off since I was around ten or eleven years age, and apart from an odd therepy session, never really faced up to it. It's not the first time I have tried to "end it", but it was the first time it was a completely spontaneous decision.

I've been prescribed anti depressents on and off for the last few years, after going to my doctor with unrelated matters and them noticing the scars and burns on my arms. I've never even filled the prescription, there is a huge stigma within my family against anti depressents. All my relatives on one side of my family are constantly in and out of psychiatric institutions and one of my younger cousins was commited just a few weeks ago.

I'm not even sure why I am writing this post. I know I should seek help, but I am so afraid of a doctor telling me I am completely insane and sending me away for ever. I am kinda ashamed by what I did, and haven't nor have any intention of telling anyone about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I really doubt you are insane but you do need help.
    You are ashamed of taking anti depressants which no one will know you are on
    but not of the visual scars of self harm or of other damage you are doing to yourself?
    People aren't locked away these days for no reason, people do how ever get put in hospital for a while as they aren't coping so that drs and nurses can help them.

Please go to your dr, there are lots of services you can use,
    www.aware.ie have meeting for those who are struggling with depression

http://www.dublinsamaritans.ie/
    Samaritans
    Write / Call in
    112 Marlborough St,
    Dublin 1
    Phone : 1850 60 90 90
    open 24hrs, 365 days

Email: jo@samaritans.org
    replies within 24 hrs

This discussion has been closed.