Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest in cafe with later opening hours?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I'm just wondering what kind of interest there would be in Dublin for having a coffee bar that opened past normal working hours - staying open til, say, 10pm?

I know, personally, sometimes I like to catch up with a friend, or even have a business meeting somewhere that isn't a pub or hotel. Or even somewhere to simply hang out in town while waiting to meet someone/go to the cinema etc. I'm always getting kicked out of cafes around 6pm/7 which seems painfully early to be forced to the boozer.

Am I alone in my quest?

:pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

I reckon this could be a winner if the location is a good spot. Always plenty of people in the starbucks in my local cinema which stays open pretty late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Here in Galway there's a cafe that stays open til about 3 in the morning and it seems to do very well, it's often hard to get a seat in there after the other cafes are closed. I'm sure something similar would work in Dublin, it just needs to be in the right place, like too near busy pubs and there might be a lot of drunk people coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

If you're going for a late opening café you might as well try for a wine licence too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

YES! I would love this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 brixtoncat

Ah cool, good to hear I'm not the only one. Yeah was thinking somewhere central - but not temple bar or other such tourist-thronged place - like Drury St, Capel St. or even Aungier St. Or near a cinema.

Hmmm... now how do you make good coffee? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

brixtoncat wrote: »
    Ah cool, good to hear I'm not the only one. Yeah was thinking somewhere central - but not temple bar or other such tourist-thronged place - like Drury St, Capel St. or even Aungier St. Or near a cinema.

Hmmm... now how do you make good coffee? :p

Aungier Street is over serviced, Capel simply "not right" but the area around the end of Leeson Street/Earlsfort Tce dies at about 5pm. You might think there's a good reason for that but not really.... Mulligan's pub on the corner is about to reopen too. More foot traffic.

Advertisement