Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with NFLShop.com

Options
  • 13-05-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Ok so I've ordered stuff off NFLShop.com in the past hassle free. However recently I've tired ordering (with 2 separate credit cards) only to have my order cancelled due to errors processing the cards. I checked with the bank & there's no problem on my end. I have a suspicion it's to do with the fact the zip code line remains mandatory even when you change your country to Ireland on the checkout process, something which I think they recently changed.

It's made all the more frustrating by the fact they have no phone number listed so I cant explain this to an actual human being at the NFL :mad:

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

UhOh wrote: »
    It's made all the more frustrating by the fact they have no phone number listed so I cant explain this to an actual human being at the NFL :mad:

Found their phone number here, but did not call it to confirm:
    http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-nfl-shop-phone-number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

UhOh wrote: »
    Ok so I've ordered stuff off NFLShop.com in the past hassle free. However recently I've tired ordering (with 2 separate credit cards) only to have my order cancelled due to errors processing the cards. I checked with the bank & there's no problem on my end. I have a suspicion it's to do with the fact the zip code line remains mandatory even when you change your country to Ireland on the checkout process, something which I think they recently changed.

Anyone else having this problem?

Dude that is so weird. I am actually in the exact same situation.

Ordered stuff on wednesday night (wednesday lunchtime there). Was going to be posted to my mom who is staying a week in san fran.
    Got an email around midnight wednesday saying there was an error and I should ring the bank and then them.

Rang the bank. They didn't even get a request for authorisation. Nothing at all from them. So I rang the NFLshop line (001877 635 7467)
    Guy said they didn't really know what had gone wrong. This was before I had rang the bank as they were closed so I rang the nfl line first.

Thursday morning, rang the bank, see above.
    Thursday evening, a woman tells me to ring back again in 24hrs. I said fine.
    5 minutes later I realised that it won't get there in time if there's another days delay. so I rang again.

This woman told me there was an update in process for their computer system, if I don't get an email tonight (as in closing time in the states) I should ring again.

I too thought it was because of the zip code line, I have had trouble with other companies because of that, but that's not it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Just giving you an update TS.
    Got the order cancelled and tried again with the same visa card, made sure everything was correct, same issue. Have had to resort to using a relative's card who lives in the US. You might end up having to do the same if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Just giving you an update TS.
    Got the order cancelled and tried again with the same visa card, made sure everything was correct, same issue. Have had to resort to using a relative's card who lives in the US. You might end up having to do the same if you can.

I actually think I got it sorted. Rang NFLshop on Wednesday night & the guy said try entering 00000 in the zip code column. I think since they made the zip code column mandatory regardless of country it's messed things up, same thing happened with the NHL shop 2 years ago. Anyway...
    Placed my order again yesterday & got my order confirmed email today.
    Happy days :)

Advertisement