Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposable springform aluminium cake tins?!?

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can buy disposable springform cake tins. I make banoffee and cheesecakes to bring to peoples houses but always have to bring my baking tins with me, and sometimes don't get the tin back! Can you buy disposable ones does anyone know?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Would you not just slide them off onto a plate or a thin cake board or something? I've never heard of disposable spring form tins, I'd say the mechanism would make them too expensive to be made to throw away.

I always just grab the tiniest edge of the greaseproof paper underneath and slide them quickly onto a plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭tscul32

or you could just make them in a disposable aluminium deep pie dish - doesn't have to be springform. Or you invest in a ring, just a cake tin without a base, you can put it on a sheet of parchment, fold it over around the bottom and bake as usual. Then you can slide it onto a cake board. If it's not a baked cheesecake, just put the ring directly on the cake board. You just lift the ring off at the end.
    But just using parchment on your springform as spadina says would be the simplest solution.
    Incidentally I make sure not to leave any tins behind me if I bring a cake somewhere. When you're leaving you just ask if they've a plate you can put the cheesecake on so you can take your tin. If you're afraid they may think you don't trust them to give it back, you can just say you need it again in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Hi

I got a few in TK Maxx. I have also seen springform tins think they were 8" in Tesco - larger stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You could make individual ones Tesco etc. do small little plastic bowls 10 for a couple of euro banoffee is handy for individual portions.
    Or you can make one, as said in foil tins, the euro shops sometimes have them.
    With the foil ones you can cut the foil off to place onto a plate.

Advertisement