Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st camper need inspection

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

hi all
    collecting my first camper tomorrow a 95 fiat ducato 5 berth, need a inspection for insurance, im in donegal would donaghys be the best to do it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Any SMII gurage can do it once they have a stamp but donaghyscould probably test the gas system...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭joed571

yea would like to get the gas tested for peace of mind,
    picked it up yesterday. the drive from dublin to donegal was interesting as i was driving a left hand drive for the first time in ireland.
    sorry to the first couple of fellow campers that i forgot to do what seems to be a compulsory wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

joed571 wrote: »
    sorry to the first couple of fellow campers that i forgot to do what seems to be a compulsory wave.

LOL

The first commandment - thou shall wave, or at the very min, flash the lights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 John9448

Guys,

First camper bought and need to get it the once over ie gas fridge etc looked at to make sure all is going ok...00 2.8 fiat ducat dethleffs....in Sligo and donaghys close but want to make sure before I set off!

welcome. the first thing you have to do is get away for the weekend and try every thing out.. then look out for problems....
    Thats what i did then got donagheys to test the van:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

joed571 wrote: »
    welcome. the first thing you have to do is get away for the weekend and try every thing out.. then look out for problems....
    Thats what i did then got donagheys to test the van:)

How much did they charge, incidentally?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 John9448

Ok will have to give it the correct test runs, however it is my first camper and previous ones have all been rented so was sure all gas etc was working as it should and am a little afraid of trusting these types of thing when i am only new to the van and how it works.....peace of mind really for me and the family.... either way i have a few things to get patched up like a door and the awning so need to visit repair shop.....and just wondering amongst all the camper owner what company/dealer/repairman they found of best value and reliability as one does hear horror stories and especially when so new to the workings etc of the camper.....

Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Well, as you know there is donagheys in letterkenny. I've been up to them twice now and they're a nice bunch. A big spot. However if you fancy making a trip out of it you could go down to pat horans in tipp. Aidan_M_M on here works there and is very knowledgable.

All about how much of an adventure you want to make out of it really

How much did they charge, incidentally?
    i got a few things done, got the test, inspection for insurance, four new tyres and light fixed.

Advertisement