Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zardoz!!!

Options
  • 28-11-2004 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

What do people think of this ? Most people think its just bad , and considering it came from safe pair of hands john boorman a bit bizarre . But I think its just awesome if only for the kitsch value.Even beyond that theres a great piece of sci fi here even with the (wonderfully)dated production values.Anyone agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I love that film. I have no idea why I love it. Perhaps I'm being deliberately obscure, but I think it kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

A cool flick!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

I know the bloke who was the film loader on the film. He's now a respected cameraman.

Anyway know that timelapse shot of Connery and his wife at the end? It took twelve hours to shoot, with the makeup to make them age, and neither actior could move really for the shot.

So they finish, and this guy goes to unload the film, and fogs the magazine (accidently expose the undeveloped film to daylight) So this 20 year assistant, has to go to John Boorman's office and say "um opphs". Did I mention it was the final day of filming? On the 23rd of December? And Sean Connery had to be brought back from the airport where he was heading back to Barbados for chrimbo with his family.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

it was showing in the savoy the day I was born so it always has a special place in my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

It reminds me of some of my Electric Picnic experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭emo72

yeah, just like a 14 year blackout. thats what it feels like anyway bro.

emo72 wrote: »

yeah, just like a 14 year blackout. thats what it feels like anyway bro.
    Haha i only got around to seeing it yesterday, definitely a psychadellic experience without the pyschadelics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When I see threads like this, I always wonder what might be the record length of time for a Zombie thread to get revived. This one's 14 years, feels like a contender.

pixelburp wrote: »
    When I see threads like this, I always wonder what might be the record length of time for a Zombie thread to get revived. This one's 14 years, feels like a contender.
    Haha I wonder is the OP even still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Good film ,left a lasting impression on me :)

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good film ,left a lasting impression on me :)

Extremely odd and an ultimately flawed film but full marks to Boorman for originality and really going for it. He certainly cant be accused of churning out a generic and unimaginative film, never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sean Connery running around in a nappy being chased by a giant head, what's not to like!

Advertisement