Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sowing or spreading clover for REPS 4

Options
  • 12-05-2010 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

i have to sow clover as part of reps 4.

what is best way to do so and what time of year is best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

i have to sow clover as part of reps 4.

what is best way to do so and what time of year is best.

Its not one of my measures, but I have helped a cousin with it. He oversowed it through growing grass by topping the grass low, spreading a light coat of slurry, chain harrowing until black, spreading the seed with a seed broadcaster on a quad, spreading granulated lime on top and rolling. He did it about a month ago and it appears to be growing well - he will soon be letting in some sheep to graze it lightly. He claims that it is very important to graze it rather than letting it grow into longer grass that will smother the clover. It seems like a handy enough measure. Kinda regret not doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

What rate do you set clover per acre for REPS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

i think it's about 5 lbs. per ac.
    important as stated above to graze early, at about 3 weeks.

and also no N to be applied from mid may onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

5 kg/hct reps 4
    dont graze until roots wont come away when you pull (graze ) then every 21 days:pac:

Advertisement