Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€255 for a window regulator?

Options
  • 12-05-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

OK, so the back driver window on my 00 Jaguar S-Type disappeared this morning. Had to go to the main dealer - the one in Sandyford, no names :pac: - and got charged €255.

I was stunned. Thought I'd be paying no more than €80 or €100. Couldn't believe it. I'd asked him in advance how much it would cost, he couldn't even give me a ball-park.

Am I over-reacting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Sounds ok to be honest for a main dealer - especially on a Jag. Have heard people paying as much on Meganes...

If you shopped around you may have gotten it cheaper but it's fixed quickly now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭cml387

At the risk of being flamed...you have a jag,and wonder at the price of spares?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

You pay premium prices at the main dealers. Did they replace the motor or just the actual regulator itself ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Its €250 + VAT for a drivers one on a Mondeo, got a reconditioned one instead from the UK for £30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Dealer once quoted €285+VAT for a Megane regulator, then he was nice enough to discover it was covered under warranty so it cost me €0, which I have to say I was very happy to pay :D

Jag price sounds good, even if VAT is on top.

Hang on a minute ... you say your back driver(-side) window disappeared :confused:
    What do you mean by "disappeared", is the glass gone or just it stopped opening/closing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Dealer once quoted €285+VAT for a Megane regulator, then he was nice enough to discover it was covered under warranty so it cost me €0, which I have to say I was very happy to pay :D

You can smile now but you can ne sure that once the warranty is up you'll be paint the full amount more than once...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭cml387

slimjimmc wrote: »

..ah the old megane window regulator.Mine is gone for the second time and will remain gone for the moment.

..anyway I should have added I feel your pain OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Fair enough, thanks for the input on that, just wanted to know I wasn't being scr*wed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You can smile now but you can ne sure that once the warranty is up you'll be paint the full amount more than once...

That was quite a few years ago, and it's still going strong :P

Advertisement