Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoneline Frustration...

Options
  • 12-05-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Some advice needed here - I'm in the process of moving into a new office and have spent the past few days getting passed from Billy to Jack at Eircom and then Imagine.

Situation is as follows:
    - contacted Eircom with details of phone number in office, they say it's still active

- spoke to old tenant who claims he's closed down the line and account with Imagine

- Imagine say line is still active, just suspended, and they need formal request from old tenant to shut it down and return it to Eircom

- previous tenant says he's already done this! Said he'd email Imagine again but I'm not holding my breath on that one....

Any advice or thoughts on where I can go from here greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

This is a common problem and there isnt much you can do about it really. Id recommend calling imagine and asking for a Manager. They will have the details on the system anyways but I would ask them to manually contact the previous owner as it is in their interest to close the account. Otherwise they will be billing for something not in use.

Now there could be other issues in place for example the last client might have an outstanding account so Imagine may not want to close it. If you have no luck PM me and Ill see if I can help in any way.

Advertisement