Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freecycle for Retro Gaming

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm sure most if not all of you are aware of Freecycle, this week the service has provided me with a gem. Arrived this morning from a married couple in Mayo, a Jap Sega Megadrive, in box, poly seals and still has that new smell on the plastic. They refused to accept any sort of payment only that I'd pay the postage via PayPal. Keep an eye out for Freecycle groups in your area, from time to time the good stuff surfaces. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Im sure Im in a minority, and going out on a limb here...but what the hell is freecycle? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a 2 wheel vehicle that didn't have a lock on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Skerries wrote: »
    a 2 wheel vehicle that didn't have a lock on it

Ah so thats what it is. Being from Ballyfermot Ive never seen such a thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I've visited Freecycle a few times, but it's a badly designed site - very hard to navigate and get a quick look at everything that's available in the country. The listings give no preview images, you can't choose to view a longer listing, and the page response times are high. At times it says you have to be "logged in" to view stuff. It's almost as bad as buyandsell. If they come up with a sensible redesign it will be worth using.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

any pics of the MD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

I've visited Freecycle a few times, but it's a badly designed site - very hard to navigate and get a quick look at everything that's available in the country. The listings give no preview images, you can't choose to view a longer listing, and the page response times are high. At times it says you have to be "logged in" to view stuff. It's almost as bad as buyandsell. If they come up with a sensible redesign it will be worth using.
    Agreed, it is frustrating for the above reasons, however if you have the time it turns up the odd item and for free - I can't argue with that. It operates via Yahoo Groups which I find incredibly hard to navigate - the whole system needs work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

osprey wrote: »
    I'm sure most if not all of you are aware of Freecycle, this week the service has provided me with a gem. Arrived this morning from a married couple in Mayo, a Jap Sega Megadrive, in box, poly seals and still has that new smell on the plastic. They refused to accept any sort of payment only that I'd pay the postage via PayPal. Keep an eye out for Freecycle groups in your area, from time to time the good stuff surfaces.

Don't go selling that on now for a profit ya here! cop.gif
    Bad Karma :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

Don't go selling that on now for a profit ya here! cop.gif
    Bad Karma :pac:
    Trust me, this one's staying!

Advertisement