Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hunting with bows

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

just wondering dose anyone here hunt with there bows. ive seen clips on you tube and it seems to be big in america and im just wondering is there many at it and if so what do you hunt and do you have much succses

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's illegal in Ireland and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭vermin hunter

i dindnt know that thanx for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

This comes up on here frequently enough. I'm always surprised to see that people automatically think it ok before being corrected. I don't get that at all.

what dont you get i was asking about something that i didnt know about whats wrong with that you will never know if you dont ask did you never here that saying before. i seen clips on you tube of lads in america doing it and was only asking did any one over here hunt with bows that other chap was kind enough to inform me that it was illegal so that was all i needed to know. i didnt need you throwing you 2 pence worth in being a smart arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

It probably doesn't help that many of the Fishing and Shooting stores around the coutnry have a few bows and a selection of cheap arrows on sale. Many of their customers may assume that bow hunting is okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what dont you get i was asking about something that i didnt know about whats wrong with that you will never know if you dont ask did you never here that saying before. i seen clips on you tube of lads in america doing it and was only asking did any one over here hunt with bows that other chap was kind enough to inform me that it was illegal so that was all i needed to know. i didnt need you throwing you 2 pence worth in being a smart arse.

I'm not having a go at you so don't get uppity at me. I'm just saying I'm surprised that so many people assume it legal automatically rather than the other way around is all.

thats fair enough cookie but as the grayson says a lot of gun shops and fishing shops are selling bows and exces. and people like myself are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. so dont be to suprised at people inquiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Closing thread as per charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement