Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Catalytic converter

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

My car has intermittent trouble starting. My exhaust was giving me issues too. It's a new exhaust so took it back where I got it, guy just told me Catalytic converter is on its way out. It's driveable but will give me trouble

He said if I wanted he could replace it for €250. I dont know an awful lot about cars but just wanted to know would €250 be the norm? Could I buy a Catalytic converter somewhere? There's a mechanic near me that does odd jobs and i'm sure he'd fit it if I brought the part. What do you think?

It's a 99 1L Corsa B by the way!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's a very good price assuming it's a new part.

I'd check if any faults with the engine caused the failure too after getting it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 THOMAS TYRRELL

doesnt sound like a bad price but id be looking at the hard to start prob before i start pumping money into it. a faulty cat dosent usually cause a car to be hard to start

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, I'd say the cat going is a symptom of something else

Advertisement