Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Component to Scart

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get one of these cables in Dublin or online?

Many thanks,

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Apples and oranges.

You can't directly wire them together so to speak. You need to use a converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Thanks nereid do these items look like they wont work so:

From Peats

or

From Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Keedowah wrote: »
    Thanks nereid do these items look like they wont work so:

What pieces of equipment do you want to connect? RGB is different from Component. You need to check if your equipment accepts RGB over 3 cables (usually there is a sync cable too) otherwise it is (more likely) YPbPr.

I want to connect a popcorn hour A100 to my old'ish TV...

Its a decent TV so I dont want to go off getting some fancy thing just because of the connections! I use my HD projector for movies.

Some pics of the connections on it here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

is the TV HD Ready?? if not just use the yellow, red & white (composite) connector and dont waste your time converting component down to scart

• Advertisement

That did it - thanks! (P.S. - how silly am I - I didn't realise I could do that!)

Advertisement