Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Eircom telephone line

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I have just moved into a new house. I'm not sure whether the house has a phone line or not. But in every room it has the following socket on the wall (see the attachment).

Does this mean that there is copper loop in the house and all I need to do is enable the service by calling eircom? Will this be sufficient for getting a sky connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

The fact that it is an eircom box yes more than likely there is a cabling set up. Is it a new build or old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lifofifo

Thanks for that! The house is 5 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Look outside by your ESB box and see if there is a smaller white box. If there is thats where the main Eircom line comes in. It would normally be split there to distribute to the rest of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 boredwalk

Just keep in mind eircom have the monoply here, you have to use eircom as a provider, like it or not.... we are supposed to live in an open market, but I challenge anyone to try and get a line activated and use a cheaper provider. Eircom have comreg by the short and curlys and will refuse to allow any other operator to get the line activated.

Advertisement