Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA,Secrets about money,paranoia

Options
  • 12-05-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Ok eveery1s going off on a loose 1 about NAMA its almost like a mass paranoia ! We as a people always seem to look on the bright side ! There is half the country that thinks nama is the worst thing we could do and the other thinking its the only thing we can do. Im not going to give my opinion but give some facts !
    1. Our current system will fail.
    2. The way things are done in Ireland is wrong !
    3. Its our fault for accepting things this way.
    In the uk they have just brought in a new governing party and there have been celebrations and fights etc. but it doesnt really matter who runs things ! They are going to do everything the exact same way !
    Now my second rant Money today is not real ! the way they create it is in this video (not at the mint) ...seriously watch it, it explains how everything works in our world today ! (skip to 1 min 55 secs)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8
    Until we fix this there is no fixing our economies ! if we just keep creating money it will keep being worth less and less and we will then have another crisis ! Write back tome please :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tuffy

The banking system is not part of the state or controlled by it. The state is controlled by the banking system. Governments no longer exist to provide for the people, they exist to drain money from the people to pay the bankers. Bankers are the ones who control the boom/bust cycles by extending or tightening credit. Keep them happy, and your economy booms, piss them off and they bring it crashing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Has the Russian Rouble crisis thought us nothing?

Anyway, what has this got to do with work and jobs OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tuffy

how can you justify someone earning money without work, merely by having money people earn money ! This has everything to do with job ops... our society today is based on business ,on aqquiring goods, houses and actual limited resources, the amount of money the banks can create is limitless so in the end it is worth nothing, so in effect you are giving IOU's ( in form loans and debts) as payment for an actual limited product ! money can only be made by you becoming indebted so when you stop taking out loans money stops being created. When in a crisis people stop paying for the things they dnt really need (holidays perks etc.)and thus businesses are closed and jobs are lost ! if more money was invested into developing sciences etc. instead of the 15 bn spent on loans last year then we wouldnt be in this situation !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Thants why the price of Gold is going through the roof, its real.
    Be warned, silver to follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

Yes, Gold is the true measure of wealth and paper money will always return to its intrinsic value, which is zero! The more money that is printed the less value it becomes. So when paper money was released from the gold standard the value of gold and paper money went in opposite directions more so in recession than in boom times. Have you noticed all the 'Cash for Gold' outlets popping up around the country? I can guarantee you that very wealthy people have a substantial amount of gold as a backup. It has been a safeguard against inflation for hundreds of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Tuffy wrote: »
    Ok eveery1s going off on a loose 1 about NAMA its almost like a mass paranoia ! We as a people always seem to look on the bright side ! There is half the country that thinks nama is the worst thing we could do and the other thinking its the only thing we can do. Im not going to give my opinion but give some facts !
    In the uk they have just brought in a new governing party and there have been celebrations and fights etc. but it doesnt really matter who runs things ! They are going to do everything the exact same way !
    Now my second rant Money today is not real ! the way they create it is in this video (not at the mint) ...seriously watch it, it explains how everything works in our world today ! (skip to 1 min 55 secs)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8
    Until we fix this there is no fixing our economies ! if we just keep creating money it will keep being worth less and less and we will then have another crisis ! Write back tome please :D

I agree with everything here. The system will fail, it is a mathematical certainty. Not sure which will collapse first, the dollar or the euro but it isn't going to take long. You cant clear a debt with more debt, any idiot knows that apart from the government idiots. But the wbankers who control them know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Bog Warrior

Good Video

The whole of Ireland should watch this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Im curious where this thread was moved from.
    Agree with the op.
    Unfortunatly it needs to get alot worse before more people wake up.The media has the average person under its spell imo.
    Until there is a new independant tv station for all of Ireland we are all going to be under the thumb of people who have money and control of society.
    My plan is to just try to survive and save for now so i will at least be a little prepared.If only i knew about all this stuff before the recession lol.
    Maybe i will have another chance in a few years before another recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Torakx wrote: »
    Im curious where this thread was moved from.
    Agree with the op.
    Unfortunatly it needs to get alot worse before more people wake up.The media has the average person under its spell imo.
    Until there is a new independant tv station for all of Ireland we are all going to be under the thumb of people who have money and control of society.
    My plan is to just try to survive and save for now so i will at least be a little prepared.If only i knew about all this stuff before the recession lol.
    Maybe i will have another chance in a few years before another recession.

I think it was moved from '' work & jobs ''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

400 odd billion for Nama. Where the hell did that come from? We were freaking loaded and didn't even know it. Where's my ferrari? Can't even afforrd to fix the poor OAPs teeth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Goldman and sasch most likely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aureliousm1

I think this also. However not in the way a lot of peoples think. At this point all serious debts are being transferred to a quango based system which will probably say in a year or so that they can not deal with such huge debts anymore and then hand it over to a global conglomerate to handle it for them (not the ECB or the World bank) but a newer more elite style that will then have the power to enact legislation on all the countries owing to it and have carte blanche on telling us how to live, how we HAVE to pay this debt back to these nice people who have taken it away from us...meanwhile they just reap all the money (that is OURS in the first place) and live the life!!

Capitalism, as with all isms, are lovely on paper...but, put an ism in a room with a banker or politician and what do you get??? Jobs for the boys, for the families, mobs etc. Anywhere you have a system that people can right their own legislation, you have a problem. Look up what T.D. actually stands for and tell me that OUR T.D.s are doing their job!!!:mad:

I do not agree fully with this. When you are lonely, lost, cold, alone, tired and hungry, you find 2 cave openings and you know you have to go into one of them to survive the night...right. The problem is you know there are things in there, but which one is the better choice....you have to go in to find out don't you!!! Well, that is exactly what happens in our elections! We are given a choice but no-one knows what is going to happen until we go down that cold, dank, dark cave and feel around to see if the choice was right!

We now know that the choices we made were not wrong...it is just that we now know that each of the cave choices we had, actually was just one cave. Due to this, if we fail to do something NOW, it will be our fault and we will send our children and our childrens children to an impossible and very cruel future.

But as my fav M. Aurelious would say...solution!
    We need to shrink all avenues...
    Government should be shrunk and made more local, so that the people know who and more importantly WHAT they are voting in. Also, for all you conpiracy theorists out there, at the top should be an independent non partial to make sure they are not sliding down the slippery slope of favouritism etc.
    Get rid of all the quangos set up in the last 12 yrs.
    Pick a local Butchers and tell them that you are going to get all your friends to shop there and get him to do a loyalty card, so at least the larger multinationals cannot get a full grip on towns in this country and completely take over.
    Do the same for all your main shopping and vote with your feet!! -:D
    I know you all probably have heard this before, but trust me if we actually did this you would see an unbelievable difference in the most important aspect of all this. THE COMMUNITY!!

Go raibh maith agaibh,
    My rant is now over.
    I would love to see comments from any of you, not like the gov, good or bad, once you comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭joe12345

Go raibh maith agaibh,
    My rant is now over.
    I would love to see comments from any of you, not like the gov, good or bad, once you comment.

personally i cannot even listen to anything that comes out of the
    governments mouth anymore. Its all the same old bull****. ANd nothing
    will change with a change of party becuase they are all the same anyway.
    Ireland is just become a joke at the minute. All my family (including) me
    are out of work and several people i know. Yet it angers me that there
    is no leeway given to joe public esp frm the banks. Your tied into a fixed
    rate mortgage? f^&* you we don't care! But hey give us 65 billion to
    of your taxpayer money to pay the banks. When the idea of NAMA came
    out first it was a big joke to everyone i talked to said - the irish people
    will never swallow that one ! - once bitten twice shy and all that ....but
    the irish people proven me wrong. Get the governement ministers on RTE
    and gie out a couple of nice sounding 30 second sound bites and thats
    all it took. People still think its a conspiracy theory that they government
    is in collusion with the banks...... some people are in total denial about
    thins even though it is right in your face. Take a look at who is sipping
    champange with who at the Galway races this week and it might give
    you a few clues ! :D

More and more too we are losing are freedom of choice. Like the head
    shops ban was the latest. This country is f&**ed up! The ALCOHOL
    culture is the one biggest drug problem in this country and yet its never
    addressed ! Lets pretend it doesnt exist and here have a pint of the
    black stuff! (and a slap on the back to go with it)....
    Banning head shops doesnt make sense. Why not ban anyhing that is 'bad'
    for people? Like 'coke' or even dare I say it any products containing
    Aspartame ? Oh go on I hear you so conspiracy ! But any independant
    research will tell you it is not a theory but FACT! The same with the mandatory
    flouridation of irish tap water. Yeah its good for your teeth, but what are the long
    term effects?

The thing is though
    that the burearcrats that run the country counldnt care less about the
    average joe publics health. The want you sick so big pharma can sell you
    a pill. They dont wat to hear about any natural remedies because it will
    effect the big corporations who ultimately pull the strings! :pac:

I hear you Joe12345...and thank you for replying:cool:
    I hear your pain and I am feeling it too! There is a simple reason for them not doing anything to help any of us out at the moment and that reason is....dandandonnnnn...they are being told not too!!
    If that is too hard for anyone to believe all they have to do is look at the problem we as a nation are facing called bluntly (by David McWilliams no less) as facing down the barrel of bankrupcy!! Why would a government allow this?? Simply because by doing that you allow the whole economy to shrink to a sixe where you can only have growth!!!! Isn't it simple...wow I would love one of their jobs because all you have to do is ride the wave!! :rolleyes:
    Anyway, what can we do...have a look at the Iceland situation, bril movie on the state that they went through and you will have one answer to this!
    Until we meet on the streets!
    Am1;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Or maybe its a combination of the government simply being incompetent and them looking out for themselves and their friends.

humanji wrote: »
    Or maybe its a combination of the government simply being incompetent and them looking out for themselves and their friends.
    Hi Humanji, thank you for your post. I do agree with you to certain degree that there is a lot of "LOOKING" after thyself and friends within our so called government. However, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes and between the lines. I would love to think that this is all just incompentence, sadly though we are all still in this situation and it is not being handled well...did I just say "well"...I mean it is just not being handled! Therefore, although our government that is is just being inactive and trying to prop up the banks etc. someone is out there holding onto the reins and telling them that is all they can do!
    Please reply to this thread as I am very interested to know what you think.

Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Tuffy wrote: »
    Only properly qualified, professional people in all sectors of government should be in power as Ministers in Ireland. Fianna Fail are utterly clueless about their policies but are great at corruption and keeping the bankers, property developers before the crash happy to stay in power. Politicians were warned by Economists, knew what was about to happen, I knew myself two years beforehand, the signs were there ,politicians s..m all of them, waken up people! We need new alternative energy resources and we need to pioneer them here before anybody else does. We need to invest in the technology and research sectors and invite more multinationals here and give them greater tax breaks in order to create employment. We should be building cars and aircraft here, manufacturing our own electronic components etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭joe12345

All the crap thats talked on programs like Newstalk is just like
    a cat chasing its tail - they will never get to the route of the problem
    due to ill-informed politicians and even econmonists who can't
    see the woods from the trees and this is why - :

How many of us really , now I mean really think about where money
    comes from? :rolleyes:

The way the system is built needs to be CHANGED. The way it works
    now is that if you go to the bank for a loan , they tap their computer
    and hey presto - the loan amount appears in your account - money
    created out of nothing - that you can go out and spend to buy a car,
    house, etc. - but just seconds earlier that money did not exist!
    Sounds great so far eh? Well, the problem is that it is created as DEBT,
    DEBT that has to be repaid with interest - so now we have a worldwide
    system where more than 95% of the new money created every year is
    created as debt - nobody creates any money with which to repay the
    interest (which obviously needs to be paid back with debt money) -
    So, you have a system that is like a balloon and it just keeps getting
    blown up with more and more DEBT....until the debt load gets too high
    and then its like a balloon with a pin stuck in it - and the system
    collaspes ! :confused:

What amazes me is that the economists and others have not figured out
    a solution to this problem , which is really fairly simple - federal
    governments world wide OWN the patents to create money - they own
    it on behalf of the people as part of a countrys sovereignty. Unfortunatley
    countries like Ireland have given away that sovereignty to licensced
    privately owned banks. :mad:
    The silly thing is that governments who own the patent to create their
    own money, licence the banks to do it - plus if the governement
    themselves run short in a recession (like Ireland is big time now)
    instead of creating a bit for themselves to make up their deficit, which
    they have a right to do - they go and borrow from the banks who create
    more money out of thin air to lend to them - which means the
    governement has to pay the money back with interest - which means
    have to raise taxes, cut spending and have severe budgets. It's a vicious
    circle! :pac:

It's a form of slavery ! We are all slaves to the banks and unless we take
    control of this issue and do something about it and do it very soon , or it will
    result in countless people being unemployed , countless people losing their
    houses, ..people all over the world are going to live in misery, all the while
    the bankers will continue taking home their huge bonuses and living the
    life of riley :mad:

Instead we have joe public tuning into RTE and Newstalk watching the cat
    chase its tail and then they wonder why nothing ever changes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

THe only thing in the world that is of any value is peoples energy. The energy we put into our work etc. We get a fiat value in exchange for something of actual value. Tptb are simply vampires, feeding of peoples energy.

If the money pumped into NAMA had instead gone into renewable energy sources we would have been self sufficient in ten years and wouldn't need banks. Debt is slavery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement