Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Split Second demo

• 11-05-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭

I downloaded and played the Split Second demo tonight. I was pretty impressed by it. I wasn't sure how the course destruction mechanic was going to work but it is pretty cool.

I've put this on my interested list but not a definite buy yet. The game would need to have a lot of courses to be worth it. It seems like it could get a bit repetitive. Did anyone else like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

This was going to be a definite buy for me;until i played the demo.

Their market skills for this game were unreal in the trailers,just the actual game leaves a lot to be desired.

Blur is coming out at around the same time,and adds a bit more dept than this imo

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

I downloaded and played the Split Second demo tonight. I was pretty impressed by it. I wasn't sure how the course destruction mechanic was going to work but it is pretty cool.

I've put this on my interested list but not a definite buy yet. The game would need to have a lot of courses to be worth it. It seems like it could get a bit repetitive. Did anyone else like it?
    Yeah I have to agree with you. wasn't expecting much and then I plane was crashing down on top of me, to say I was happy at that point would be an understatement. I couldn't find out how many courses there are but I have a feeling that it wouldn't be too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm looking forward to trying out Blur. That does look to be the better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Fol20 wrote: »
    This was going to be a definite buy for me;until i played the demo.

Their market skills for this game were unreal in the trailers,just the actual game leaves a lot to be desired.

Blur is coming out at around the same time,and adds a bit more dept than this imo

Yeah same for me, I loved the look of the trailers but then when you have to cause the destruction manually it becomes the major focus, and the racing takes a back seat (so to speak).

I think if the destruction was caused automatically or you had a smaller roll in it somehow, it would leave the player more time to focus on actually racing!

Neway, I wont be buying this, i'll give Blur a shot and see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was thinking the same, but when you're playing against other players, they'll be setting things off when it's convenient for them and so the game will be more dynamic. In the demo I seemed to be the only one doing anything.

But I can't see myself buying it. I may rent it or get it second hand, but it's not really a must have game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Loved the demo, just pre-ordered the game yesterday.

As a casual racing fan I love the simplistic controls, and blowing stuff up it pretty good as well. What other racing game can have an airplane crash on top of you and have you racing again, brilliant :D

Advertisement