Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance comparison website

Options
  • 11-05-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been done before but with all the googling I have done for insurance in Ireland I still havent found a good comparison site.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

123.ie, chill.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's no such thing as a good comparison site IMO, you need to ring each company for their best quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Chill arent bad; I got a very good price from them when insuring my Accord that I didnt get when I rang the company directly.

123 I wont be touching again. I got a quote from them on the Monday, put a deposit on the car on the Tuesday on the basis of getting the quote, was told on the Wednesday that they wouldnt be honoring the quote, leaving me in a right mess. Plus their tv ads make me want to throw my shoe at the screen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

bestquote.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

djimi wrote: »
    123 I wont be touching again. I got a quote from them on the Monday, put a deposit on the car on the Tuesday on the basis of getting the quote, was told on the Wednesday that they wouldnt be honoring the quote, leaving me in a right mess. Plus their tv ads make me want to throw my shoe at the screen...

Sounds familiar.
    I got the usual renewal in the post from them the month before my policy ended... couple days before it was due they rang me up to see if I wanted it and I asked them if they could postpone the renewal for a week or two in order for me to get the money together and they flat out rejected it.

I paid them 2k up front last year for my insurance and would've been paying 1.5k up front this year... their loss. They've lost out on a customer due to their poor form and I wouldn't recommend them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

They're all individual brokerage/insurer sites. There is no comparison site in Ireland as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Bonito wrote: »
    bestquote.ie

Got some real tulips from them. AA seeem to be alright IMO.

Advertisement