Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

sheet metal,where?!

Options
  • 11-05-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

just thought id try here,I need to buy some sheet metal,but have no clue where,does anyone know around dublin?is it expensive?cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

same question came up in the classic car section and the replies were ,ferrum trading baldoyle industrial estate and heiton steel nass road hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

kasper wrote: »
    same question came up in the classic car section and the replies were ,ferrum trading baldoyle industrial estate and heiton steel nass road hope this helps

swwweeet cheers mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Yep-Heitons for mild steel, Short stainless in Bluebell for err.... stainless steel. Heitons are usually good on price,or you could try RFL in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm looking for a sheet, maybe 4x 6 foot to go over the back of a tail lift so I can then put vinyl over it. What would be best for this? Sheeted Aluminium maybe? Any idea of where to get whatever would be suitable appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

cormie wrote: »
    I'm looking for a sheet, maybe 4x 6 foot to go over the back of a tail lift so I can then put vinyl over it. What would be best for this? Sheeted Aluminium maybe? Any idea of where to get whatever would be suitable appreciated :)

actually im lookin for more or less the same too,i was gonna try the place on naas road tomorrow

• Advertisement

I'd also like to find somewhere that could fit such a thing, remember it's a steel tail lift so would have to be attached some how while still keeping as much clear space for the vinyl :)

Also looking for them strap hooks you bolt into the ground of a van. Don't know what they are called though. Maybe a body builder would be a better place for me to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

You are better off going into a body builders, they are all quiet at the mo, and would have everything ex-stock, and the guillotine and press brake to bend it for you, as well as a way of fitting it. The effort involved to DIY would not be worthwhile. JMOHO

Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I think a body builder is my best option. I only really know of Cafco. Has anyone used them before or anyone else to recommend for this kind of work?

Advertisement