Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone here with AutoData?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I need to check something out , namely that 2006 Ford Focus/Fiesta 1.4s are belt driven , not chain... can anyone help? Also the Valve sizes?

TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I need to check something out , namely that 2006 Ford Focus/Fiesta 1.4s are belt driven , not chain... can anyone help? Also the Valve sizes?

TIA.

Aye, just renewed for another year.

The 1.4 Focus is belt driven. The MK1 needs a belt change at 10 years or 100,000 miles. I think the MK2 is the same, but I'd need to check it out. I have the system on the PC in work, so I'll check tommorow. 99% certain it is though.

I have heard reports of belts going before the interval and the cost of repairs being covered by Ford... I'm not sure how true this is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The interval isn't a problem , tbh it's for my Rally Car! Thanks.

Does it say anything like if they have shims on top of the buckets , or under them? Or indeed the valve sizes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    The interval isn't a problem , tbh it's for my Rally Car! Thanks.

Does it say anything like if they have shims on top of the buckets , or under them? Or indeed the valve sizes?

You have a 1.4 Focus rally car? :confused:

TBh, I dont know off the top of my head. I'll check tomorrow and post here. Try some of the Focus owners websites too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Nope , an ex challenge Ford KA , for forestry . Looking for 140-150bhp from the 1400 Zetec SE . Much appreciated , thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭Tefral

Belt driven, 100k interval and the engine is an interference engine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement