Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising in the USA

Options
  • 11-05-2010 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

Lately I been looking to advertise in the United States to gain access to new companies who require wholesale or hard-to-find electronics.

I have not done a Marketing coarse yet, so I am a small bit lost on how to even start advertising my company on the vast US market.

Could anyone give me a few pointers or even a link to a website that may help me.

Kind Regards and Thanks,

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Are you talking about online advertising or offline (ie. magazines etc.,) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Use adwords geo targetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davidmav

Has anyone here every had experience with adwords for a start up company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭blue4ever

"Has anyone here every had experience with adwords for a start up company?"

You might want to expand on that questions - as you'll get better answers

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

davidmav wrote: »
    Has anyone here every had experience with adwords for a start up company?
    Given the nature of adwords, being a 'start up' won't have any real 'negative' impacts from a technical point of view (though account history does play a part) and it's commonly what start ups rely on until their SEO, SMM (social media marketing) and other activities take off.

Your best bet is to review the keywords you intend on targeting, see what kind of competition you would be facing on those terms and how your budget/expected profit margin would work out for those. You might find that the terms you 'intend' on going for would be simply too expensive (at least to start with) but by having a number of very specific niches targeted you'd get good results.

It might also be worth considering looking at the PPC offers on the likes of LinkedIn and Facebook which might allow you compete at a lower price for your targeted customers. Along with looking to use them in the more 'relationship' based customer interaction methods.

Enterprise Ireland have a document on "Starting Up and Marketing in the U$A" that might be worth a look and (according to their literature at least, I've had no direct dealings with them) are always keen to help companies looking to expand into the US market. Have a look through the information on their site and you might find other useful or related material. It might also be worth getting in touch with them for further help/guidance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement