Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3rd Provision/Learning permit

Options
  • 11-05-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I had 2 provisional licences ages ago, the second one expired about 8 years ago. I've a full motorbike licence, so never a need to get a car licence. Now I've decided to go and get my full car licence too.
    Just wondering, do I need to apply for a driving test and the theory test to get a 3rd one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

5 year max expiry I think for the Learner Permit, so you need to sit the Theory Test again, go get your eye test, apply for your first Learner Permit, wait for the 6 months then sit your Driving Test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

5 year max expiry I think for the Learner Permit, so you need to sit the Theory Test again, go get your eye test, apply for your first Learner Permit, wait for the 6 months then sit your Driving Test.

Balls, so much hassle. Why can't it be like the 70's when they just handed out licences!

Advertisement