Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Settling The Nerves?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hey, doing my test for the 2nd time next week and suffered badly from nerves last time. Now I'd love to go get a pint beforehand and settle the nerves but I think that be frowned upon :D.

Anyway just wondering has anyone any tips to shake those nerves before its too late?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I've my 2nd test in 4 weeks, and know I'll be bricking it then..

To be honest I'd just try (hard as it may be) to imagine that the tester's not there and that it's just a driving lesson where you're not being told what to do.

Try and forget about your first test, and any mistakes you made then, just because you made mistakes then shouldn't mean you'll make those same mistakes again.

For the hour or two beforehand forget about the questions, rules of the road book etc. Relax in whatever way you relax, read a book, music, kick-a-bout whatever, (no drinking, though it'd help alot :pac:)

Good luck with your test, do come back and say how you got on :)

Advertisement