Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIKE fishing in meath/cavan

Options
  • 11-05-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Im mad to catch a WOPPER of a PIKE as iv never caught one before.
    I need some help.......:confused:

What sort of
    bait should I use?
    What time should I go fishing at?
    What sort of spots should be fished?
    And
    where are the best places to fish in Meath/Cavan?
    Any other usefull information you's have would come in rail handy..... :D:D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Lots of questions there. It would take a book on Irish pike fishing to answer them!
    That is one reason why with 26 views you have not had an answer already.
    That and the request for specific fish location information which nobody in their right mind will answer to a stranger, and on the internet.
    The thing is, other people kill pike, and the pike are not living there when we return to fish a place we have "let out of the bag".
    The fun of fishing is what it always was ... fish, study and find out, for yourself. You can use public information to speed up the process.
    Given your location, have you looked at the Eastern Regional Fishery Board and Central Fishery Board websites? They will help you considerably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 heyoheah

coolwings wrote: »
    Lots of questions there. It would take a book on Irish pike fishing to answer them!
    That is one reason why with 26 views you have not had an answer already.
    That and the request for specific fish location information which nobody in their right mind will answer to a stranger, and on the internet.
    The thing is, other people kill pike, and the pike are not living there when we return to fish a place we have "let out of the bag".
    The fun of fishing is what it always was ... fish, study and find out, for yourself. You can use public information to speed up the process.
    Given your location, have you looked at the Eastern Regional Fishery Board and Central Fishery Board websites? They will help you considerably.
    ok so im new to this so i dont rally no no much about the way to write a thread, il slim it down abit the next time:Dim not really asking for specific locations just lakes that mite have a pike or two in it. i know what you mean by people killing the pike and it shouldnt happen. iv been fishing for awile now but just cant seem to land one il have a look at them website and see what i can find cheers mate!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Those websites will help a lot for locations.

The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs is here:
    http://angling-in-ireland.com/
    It should also be useful to you.

Advertisement