Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fiat punto stereo problems

Options
  • 11-05-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi i,m not sure if im posting this in the right place cos i dont know how 2 set up a new thread, my dad just changed the clutch on my fiat punto 2001,
    however now the stereo wont work, he has checked the fuse and said it wasnt that, he did remove the battery but said he didnt c any connections for stereo, can anyone help please:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi elainesnuffles, you posted in the wrong thread so I've moved your post to its own thread in the motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

thanks for that !!:) i,m only learning at this forum thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Is it a factory fitted coded radio, disconnecting the battery causes
    lost of the radios memory, sometimes its wrote inside the owners
    manual if you have it, that or the dealers will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

just to clarify my post, the stereo has no power, its not asking me for a code but it probably will if and when i get it working, i,m wondering if perhaps there is a cable that my dad could have knocked out when he removed the battery??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,617 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

just to clarify my post, the stereo has no power, its not asking me for a code but it probably will if and when i get it working, i,m wondering if perhaps there is a cable that my dad could have knocked out when he removed the battery??:confused:

It shouldn't unless it was improperly fitted to start with. Is it the original stereo from the car or one fitted since. On a Punto I think the factory fit is Blaupunkt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Sounds like you'll have to take the radio out, inspect all the connections,
    there's even a fuse, usually a 25amp one in the back of them.
    Hope you can get it working.

Advertisement