Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh Vaults

Options
  • 11-05-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I visited the above location last week and I must say I found it very scary now I would not describe myself as a believer but also would not consider myself a skeptic I be more on the fence kinda guy.

But anyway during the tour we were in one particular room where the guide was telling us about the hisory of the vaults etc which was all good but when we came out my fiancee said to me that I must have been very scared in there when I asked why she said that while she was holding my hand it was shaking here is the thing my hands were in my pockets all the time I was in there and we were standing alone beside one another.

Then we went into another room where and while I was standing listening to the guide again someone squeezed my arm only problem was I was standing on my own , now I know everyone here has only my word to go on and im not even sure myself what if anything it was worth going there though if anyone decides to visit Scotland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I visited the place myself with a few people on this board ages ago and found it interesting. I'd be interested in going again sometime, though staying at a different place to what we did at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

That sounds good. Hmm... Any other paranormal type places around there that people have been to and are good? I've heard a good deal about Edinburgh, but no first hand testimony.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Urizen wrote: »
    That sounds good. Hmm... Any other paranormal type places around there that people have been to and are good? I've heard a good deal about Edinburgh, but no first hand testimony.

I've been to edinburgh and done the Mary's close tour, it was really well done and there was a definate spooky vibe, i thought i caught a glimpse or a person or two in areas where we were told no one was allowed go. my first reaction was that this was part of the tour and it was just people who work ed there, but the fact that i only caught it out of the corner of my eye and it wasnt a definite 'person' but only a fleeting thing put me on edge for the rest of the tour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Scotland has a darker, and more malevolent nature. There is a sense of foreboding and macarbe present there in my experience, whereas in Ireland I feel a sense of lighter more playful benevolent influences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

campo wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I visited the above location last week and I must say I found it very scary now I would not describe myself as a believer but also would not consider myself a skeptic I be more on the fence kinda guy.

But anyway during the tour we were in one particular room where the guide was telling us about the hisory of the vaults etc which was all good but when we came out my fiancee said to me that I must have been very scared in there when I asked why she said that while she was holding my hand it was shaking here is the thing my hands were in my pockets all the time I was in there and we were standing alone beside one another.

Then we went into another room where and while I was standing listening to the guide again someone squeezed my arm only problem was I was standing on my own , now I know everyone here has only my word to go on and im not even sure myself what if anything it was worth going there though if anyone decides to visit Scotland

Aparently the Vaults are hunted by a friendly little boy who puts his hand in your while you are walking around,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I was in the underground vaults in Edinburgh when there on holiday two years ago. A fantastic city and fantastic haunted tour - is this the underground vault that used to be a market we're talking about?

While underground, I felt extremely uncomfortable and myself and my friend asked could we go back upstairs and wait for the rest. Very embarassing being two blokes but we just couldn't stand the place!

The only freaky thing that happened was that at the beginning of the tour, when we first went underground, everyone heard a large crowd talking and moving about upstairs. That was all grand until the tour guide mentioned that we were the last group (being 10pm!) and no one else was scheduled.

When we got back upstairs, the only other worker in the place said there was no one else upstairs except her. Not scary but freaky. You couldn't hear a thing outside the vault the stone is so thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Elbi wrote: »
    Aparently the Vaults are hunted by a friendly little boy who puts his hand in your while you are walking around,

that comment about the little boy just put a shiver up my back but ya reckon it is the same vaults they were in the royal mile and upstairs is a torture museum of kinds.

Advertisement