Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnancy symptoms- is this normal/safe?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

hi Ladies

Im 28wks pregnant and I suffer from partial left arm (2 last fingers) numbness and today my right foot and two toes joined this stage.
    is this normal? I can hardly walk by now.
    did anyone of you experienced that? what did you do?

tomorrow I'm going to see GP but probably will hear take paracetamol or some other stuff..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Waternews

I'd call the hospital/midwife now to be honest.

I don't want to freak you out!!
    But I think it's worth picking up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

Waternews wrote: »
    I'd call the hospital/midwife now to be honest.

I don't want to freak you out!!
    But I think it's worth picking up the phone.

I have GP tomorrow morning. if she will not help me Im gonna kill this whole manky system :) I take magnesium apart from iron tablets.

but thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

its carpel (sp?) tunnel i used to get it with my first baby my right hand would go numb which was fun seeing as i'm a hairdresser!!:eek::eek: and my right leg would go asleep and it was so sore when it would start tingling when it was waking up again:D

the baby sometimes lies on the nerves in the back but get it checked to be sure and if its sore take the painkiller ;)

cbyrd wrote: »
    its carpel (sp?) tunnel i used to get it with my first baby my right hand would go numb which was fun seeing as i'm a hairdresser!!:eek::eek: and my right leg would go asleep and it was so sore when it would start tingling when it was waking up again:D

the baby sometimes lies on the nerves in the back but get it checked to be sure and if its sore take the painkiller ;)

thx cbyrd..

thats exactly how I feel. tingling and then it goes dead :)
    not really painful but annoying and hard to function,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It certainly sounds like carpel tunnel to me. I had the same thing when I was pregnant, but only in my hands.

• Advertisement

It certainly sounds like carpel tunnel to me. I had the same thing when I was pregnant, but only in my hands.

whatever that is, GP said what I already knew... it is normal, if this will progress then come back with urine sample- will be loking for white cells or sugar in my blood...

have you been having problems with moving around? I have severe pains in my pelvis, and sometimes it hurts like hell in my hips joints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Please no stating what medical condition you may think it is, it breaks the site rules.

Advertisement