Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&F Sportscamps

Options
  • 11-05-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

On this summer in Gormanstown. Does anyone know if this has been on previous years and if so was it any good? I know Gormanstown college a bit and it's quite run down and in need of repairs. For example, the changing rooms for the swimming pool are particularly bad in my opinion. Having said that, if the set up of the camp is good and the kids are safe and secure then I wouldn't have a major problem sending mine there as long as they have fun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

D&F sportscamps are going a good few years. BUT as far as I remember when my kids did it the DID NOT USE the pool. If the weather is good the grounds are great and they get outside a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

bcmf wrote: »
    D&F sportscamps are going a good few years. BUT as far as I remember when my kids did it the DID NOT USE the pool. If the weather is good the grounds are great and they get outside a lot.

What age were yours when they went? It says this time that all age groups have a swim session each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

they were 6 and 8. If they are going into the pool a word to the wise. The pool is cold. My 2 did swim lessons there for a few years and they came out of the water shivering and on cold winters day's they were a distinct shade of blue.No disrepect to Gormanston but a bit of heating wouldnt have went amiss. Nearly put my kids off swimming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

It was pretty cold last time I was in it :o

although it was 30 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

bcmf wrote: »
    they were 6 and 8. If they are going into the pool a word to the wise. The pool is cold. My 2 did swim lessons there for a few years and they came out of the water shivering and on cold winters day's they were a distinct shade of blue.No disrepect to Gormanston but a bit of heating wouldnt have went amiss. Nearly put my kids off swimming.

Well, not too far off mine who are actually doing the same at the minute. they seem to enjoy it, even if it is a bit old fashioned. The most contentious issue for me is the showers. They seem to have two settings.

BOILING HOT! or FREEZING COLD!

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement