Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

L plate in cabriolette:)

Options
  • 11-05-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hey people! What do you think, how to go about having an L plate in my cabriolet? When the roof is up-it's ok, but how should I display the plate with my roof down?
    Also, when i'm up for my driving test, can i go there on cabrio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

By the way there should be two, one front and one rear.

I think its ok to have the sticker on the bumper. Better check the rule sof the road though for certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

can't find it anywhere:) i don't believe i'm the only one concerned....especially when the summer is coming:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,973 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This post has been deleted.
    The operative word there is "should". In other words, it's their advice. If they said "must", it would be a legal requirement.

According to the relevant Statute Instrument (I don't have it to hand) the L plate must be displayed on a vertical* surface to the front and rear.

(*It could be argued that there are very few true vertical surfaces on a standard car but presumably they mean as vertical as possible.)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

When I had my L plates I just put the back one on the car's body and actually left it there in the end even when I had the roof up because visibility was far better without it stuck on the back window especially because sometimes windows in a convertible can be smallish. Was like that basically all the time I was learning and never got and comments from guards. Good luck with your driving :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement